Change yourself, change the world
At The 52 Kids Foundation we don't do "aid as usual". We work in and around Kamuli, Uganda, and focus on three 'E's that have been proven to make dramatic enduring changes in peoples' lives: Education, Empowerment, and Employment.. We call our programs in these three areas, and the interaction between them Smart Aid.
The nucleus of our programs is a recently renovated dormitory in Kamuli town, equipped to house twenty students, with electricity, running water, and a library/study area. This dormitory is much more than a well-kept space for students to live and study; it is the center of a dramatic wave of change coming to Kamuli Town. The youth in our program learn practical job and entrepreneurial skills alongside the traditional classroom curriculum. They graduate from our program with internship experience, networking contacts, and knowledge about how to access capital and use it wisely.
Read more about the three E's Education, Empowerment, and Employment.
- Continuous educational support for school fees and all related expenses.
- Completed household infrastructure improvements on all supported homes.
- Installed well in the Namwagi village of 2000 residents
- Obtained 20 year lease for commercial building in the town of Kamuli
- Converted commercial land to dormitory for students
- Manage and maintain staff of 3 at dormitory including Dorm mother, cook and security guard
- Installed solar panels to power dorm and internet café of 5 computers.
- Established 2 successful businesses through micro loans (seamstress and carpenter)
- Managed and consulted in construction of Township school kitchen, dining facility (student population of 2000)
- Established non non-profit status in the country of Uganda
- Continuous educational support for school fees and all related expenses
- Career guidance
- Medical support
- Small coffee plantation
- Management of 2 micro loans.
- Purchase of land in fast growing development overlooking Lake Victoria.
- Financially supporting local political candidate running for LC5 (governor of district)
- Network with other non profits working in Uganda
- Accessing ongoing programs and its effectiveness.
- Building travel programs for volunteers interested in Medicine, education and agriculture